COVID-19 CLINIC PRECAUTIONS & CLINIC ENTRY REQUIREMENTS Updated Policy – as of 9/22/22
We continue to require proof of an initial Covid vaccination series, and we strongly encourage all of our patients to receive regular Covid boosters but we have modified our entry requirements.
Because we have recently learned that UW Medicine provides PCR testing at multiple sites with quick turnaround times, if you are unable to receive a booster, you may now enter the clinic if you meet the following criteria:
- Provide proof of an initial Covid vaccination series.
- Provide proof of either a booster OR proof of a negative PCR test result taken within 24 hours prior to your entering the clinic.
- Wear an N95 mask while you are in the clinic (we can provide you with one if you do not have one already).
- Eat your GTT meal in your car to minimize exposure.
- We will continue our normal prior protocols related to exposures and symptoms as usual (please see below).
Please visit UW Medicine’s website if you need to schedule a PCR test before your lab appointment: https://www.uwmedicine.org/coronavirus/testing
Summary of new requirements: To ensure the health and safety of our patients and staff, proof of full vaccination for Covid-19, and either a previous booster or a negative PCR test within 24 hours, are required to enter our clinic
Current clinic precautions in response to Covid-19 (as of August 2022)
The safety of our patients and staff is our priority. While we are conducting all provider appointments via telemedicine to minimize traffic in our clinic, we encourage you to visit our clinic for your pre-appointment labs and vitals. All provider appointments will be conducted via telemedicine or phone until further notice.
We have implemented several measures to ensure a safe environment for our patients and staff. We enforce the following protocols, based on CDC guidelines:
- Proof of full vaccination is required of all age-eligible patients (5 and older), staff, and visitors who are onsite. This also applies to exemptions.
- Proof of at least one Covid booster or proof of a negative PCR test result taken within 24 hours is required for entry.
- All patients and visitors must wear well-fitting masks (in place of loose cloth and surgical masks) at all times while onsite, except when eating or drinking. If you do not have a well-fitting mask, we will provide you with one.
- We perform temperature checks on staff and patients upon arrival at the clinic.
- We will provide you with individually-wrapped disinfectant wipes, pens, and utensils for meal tests.
- Seating distance provides a minimum of 6 feet between individuals.
- No more than 2 people should use the kitchen at a time.
- No more than 8 people should use the conference room at a time.
- We deploy portable high-filtration air filters, high-filtration HVAC, and UV disinfection around the clinic.
- Our staff disinfects lab surfaces regularly with a 10% bleach solution and all other areas with a 70% alcohol solution and follows thorough cleaning processes.
- Clinic traffic is limited to essential staff members and a small number of patients with lab or vitals appointments. No one may accompany a patient in the clinic unless they are a child or otherwise require assistance.
Before your appointment, you will receive a message with further information about preparing for your visit. If you have any additional questions, please reply to that message.
We appreciate your cooperation as we ensure the health and safety of our patients and staff.