Forms and Protocols
If you are interested in becoming a new patient, please visit our Contact Us page for more information, or submit a New Patient Inquiry below.
For new patients with a scheduled first appointment:
Instructions for Lab Test Preparation:
- No food or drink other than water for a minimum of 8 hours prior to the test.
- Fasting labs will be obtained when you arrive.
- Fed state labs will be obtained 30, 60, and 90 minutes after you complete your meal.
- Bring a balanced meal to the appointment:
- Starchy Carbs: bread, cereal, crackers, granola, potatoes, etc.
- Protein Source: eggs, cheese, yogurt, milk, meat, poultry, fish, beans, legumes, etc.
- Fat Source: nut butter, nuts, oil, butter, avocado, etc.
- Note: Dr. Cooper does not permit IV placement for lab draws in most cases because the sample can be damaged when drawing from an IV.
- In addition to a complete metabolic workup, we can also add optional specialized labs that provide additional information, however these are not covered by insurance. If you are interested in these specialized labs please let us know as soon as you arrive and we can collect samples for these. Please bring a check that will be made payable to the reference lab directly for these extra tests.
Instructions for Body Composition Testing:
After becoming an established patient, your provider may refer you to a body composition test. You may also request this test at any time. The price of a BodPod test is $150. Please notify our front desk if you’d like to schedule a test.
- No food, drink, or exercise 2 hours prior to testing.
- Please do not apply any lotions or skin creams prior to your test.
- Please bring or wear form-fitting clothing:
- Men: thin fabric shorts, lycra/spandex-type swimsuit, or single-layer compression bike-style shorts without padding.
- Women: lycra/spandex-type swimsuit or bike-style shorts and sports bra without wire or padding.
- You will sit in the Bod Pod capsule where you can breathe normally and can see outside.
- The total time start to finish is between 5-15 minutes.